Cerezen is an innovative, custom-made in-ear device that can relieve the pain and symptoms of Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD). The device comprises of two 3D printed, custom-made, hollow auditory canal inserts which allow full passage of sound and are practically invisible from the outside. The device is non-invasive with no risk to the patient. Comfortable, discreet and easily inserted and removed, the device can be worn day and night offering superior patient compliance when compared to traditional TMD treatments.
3 easy steps to relief from Teeth Grinding…
How does Cerezen™ work?
The Cerezen device offers support to the temporomandibular joint and associated secondary musculature, to reduce strain. A customised Cerezen device is made in order to retain the shape of the patient’s ear canal in the relaxed jaw position. This increases the patient’s cognitive awareness and therefore reduces their bruxing and clenching.
What are typical TMD symptoms which Cerezen™ can help treat?
- Bruxism (teeth grinding or clenching)
- Jaw locking or limited movement
- Pain in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint soreness
- Painful clicking or popping in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth
- Aching pain in and around the ears
- Radiating pain in the face, jaw or neck
- Jaw muscle pain and stiffness
- Difficulty chewing or discomfort while chewing
- Headaches or migraines
- A change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
To find out more about Cerezen at Mulgrave Dental Centre, call our friendly team or send us an email.